It went by quick, with numerous meet-ups, going back home late. And me being me, not conscious of a need to rest fully. Therefore, now struck with a virus called Herpes Zoster. But, I am humbled to be taught a lesson by God about being stripped raw, hanging to God as my only hope for healing.
There are still so many things to be thankful about despite my face being a little frayed with blisters and my mouth filled with at least 20 ulcers. Firstly, at least I am home. Being home gives me great comfort that you could not even imagine. Having the two persons that readily gives care and attention to this ill daughter. Food supplies, juice supplies, fruit supplies, full service of laundry and bed-making. All in for me. Thank God for that. Secondly, at least its not something fatal, I keep telling myself. Although there is a chance of scarring, but I believe my God is an almighty God that will heal me. Thirdly, there are people close to me, thankful for them who gives me positive encouragement and prayers too. The list could go on...
God reminded me something through this, a hard truth that hits me. Leaving me in tears, praying to Him for forgiveness and His mercy. Well, I have been a rather conceited child, be it consciously or subconsciously. There are times that I thought I was invincible, I could achieve everything through my own means. Forgetting that I have a bigger Father out there who watches out for me, waiting for me to approach Him for help and guidance. I thought my skin and physic could help me achieve everything in life. But now, with an infected skin, what could I do but merely pray for His divine healing? Its a time for me to also lie in His green pastures and direct myself closer to Him day by day, take a break from my busy life, stay home and seek Him.
Through it all, I know I have a bigger God who will heal me and never leave me alone. Thank you, Lord for it.
XOXO.
Let me have my lunch first!