Friday, June 10, 2016

Exchange

Stuck in Dusseldorf Airport for the whole night with no proper Wifi (only 30 minutes free) nor sleep allowed. I have a really huge luggage, backpack and sling bag to take care for approximately 7 hours. What an interesting experience, probably once in a lifetime, now I know not to ever book early morning flights in Europe. Dawned upon me that I am really lucky to be in Singapore and Indonesia where I never had to think much about safety and airport transport, everything is convenient.

I was pretty annoyed moments ago since I paid EUR12 for unlimited internet where they said live streaming, strong connection and etc. However, the connection is still pretty bad. I was planning to stream DOTS for the whole night so I could stay up till 5am just in time for checking in. God has His own plans I believe. Maybe He didn't want me to be too addicted to this drama particularly. At least Spotify with Chris Tomlin airing is still working, praise the Lord.

This spare time granted to me, stripped of possible distractions, lead me to sit and think, thus, a new blogpost after so long.

Exchange has been a hectic journey. Trips after trips ongoing. When I return home to rest for a weekend, I feel too lethargic to socialise. Blame the introvert me who prefers to be alone when chance permits. But, exchange has been such an eye opening experience, meeting people from all over the world, witnessing how we're all so different yet English connects us all together. Its also a plus that I am taking a class on "Intercultural Connectedness", putting the experience of working in an intercultural group to theories and explanation. Pretty interesting journey, I remembered being so frustrated because some of their ideas and interpretation of teacher's instruction are way off, but looking back, that is a first initial exercise to prepare me for the real working world. Not everyone you work with will comply to your desired standards.

I love seeing the different cities, how each evokes a different type of emotion and memories despite the scenes being too similar after a while. Personally, each city has its own beauty, its own "ugly" side, so long we open up our mind and hearts, we'll definitely enjoy each in its own ways.

Before my departure for my exchange, I expected myself to be really free, super free to the point that I'll often Skype, read books, listen to sermons, explore the city on my own. But I understood myself a lil bit better, someone who can never be too free, even in the midst of my free time, I'll preoccupy myself with activities. I really do cherish these times, where I am too free that I started watching Korean dramas, jogged around my favourite lake behind my apartment without looking at the time, lie on my bed for hours, experimenting recipes to prepare my own meals. God put a thought in my heart though, why can't I ever spend that much time for Him? Reading His Word, getting to know Him better. I remembered last week's streaming sermon reminded me that if we have faith in Him, we should always want to seek Him more day by day. I pray I can be bestowed such zeal, by men's flesh alone is not possible.

Goodnight!
LA here I come, really excited to meet my family and reunite together because its rare opportunity. Hope all goes well. Signing off at 1.27am. 5 more hours to go!