A little something that I read from daily bread today
"Gracious God, like many believers before us,
We complain when things do not go our way
We want abundance of everything rather than what is sufficient to sustain us
We would rather be elsewhere than where we are at the moment
We would rather have the gifts You give to others than what You provide for us
We would rather have You serve us than we serve You
Forgive our lack of gratitude for what You give
For confession opens the door to thanksgiving"
Happy Thanksgiving anyway!
I wonder why in Asia this event isn't celebrated at all cause I realise its a joyous occassion too.My parents were talking about turkeys must have on this day but I guess it just slip off their mind for menu of the day today.
With this event passed, they say christmas tree must be put up real soon (so I guess that would be my job cuz I'm the most idle )
I realise time flies too, I'm flying back to singapore next week come to think of it even though its just for a few days. "Till death do us part" will they say when the church bell rings and me once more witnessing another cousin's wedding.